Last Updated: 26 June 2020
This policy explains how and why we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information."We", "us" and "our"means Anteris Technologies Ltd., ABN 35 088 221 078 of Toowong Tower, Level 3, 9 Sherwood Rd, Toowong, Queensland 4066 Australia, and its related entities and affiliates.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
The policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.anteristech.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing personal information. This policy applies to information we collect on this Website.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our marketing and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from the information. Information may be personal information regardless of whether it is true.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect information about you and your interactions with us, for example, when you contact us or otherwise visit this Website. The information we collect from you may include your identity and contact details, your history of interaction with the website, and details of enquiries or complaints you make.
We may collect information about how you access, use and interact with the website. [We do this by using a range of tools such as Google Analytics, Amazon Web Services, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce, and Pardot. This information may include:
- (a) the location from which you have come to the site and the pages you have visited; and
- (b) technical data, which may include IP address, the types of devices you are using to access the website, device attributes, browser type, language and operating system.
Personal Data we collect directly from you
The Personal Data we collect directly from you includes identifiers, professional or employment-related information, commercial information, visual information, and internet activity information. We collect such information in the following situations:
- If you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our products or services, request customer support, use our “Contact Us” or similar features, register to use our websites, sign up for an event or webinar, or download certain content, we may require that you provide to us your contact information, such as your name, job title, company name, address, phone number, email address or username and password;
- If you interact with our websites, emails, or other electronic messages, we automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our websites or emails (such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as Personal Data (please see the “What device and usage data we process” section, below) using cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies;
- If you voluntarily submit certain information to our services, such as filling out a survey, we collect the information you have provided as part of that request; and
- If you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name and time and date of arrival.
If you provide us or our service providers with any Personal Data relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and acknowledge that it may be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you believe that your Personal Data has been provided to us improperly, or want to exercise your rights relating to your Personal Data, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting us” section below.
Personal Data we collect from other sources
We also collect information about you from other sources including third parties from whom we purchase Personal Data and from publicly available information. We may combine this information with Personal Data provided by you. This helps us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. The Personal Data we collect from other sources includes identifiers, professional or employment-related information, education information, commercial information, visual information, internet activity information, and inferences about preferences and behaviors. In particular, we collect such Personal Data from the following sources:
- Third party providers of business contact information, including mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), IP addresses, social media profiles, LinkedIn URLs and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling, determining eligibility and verifying contact information; and
- Another individual at your organization who may provide us with your business contact information for the purposes of obtaining services.
Why do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us so that we can:
- (a) Present our Website and its contents to you;
- (b) Provide you with information, products and services, and manage our relationship with you;
- (c) Contact you, for example, to respond to your queries or complaints, or if we need to tell you something important;
- (d) Comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators; or
- (e) Identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services, communicate with you or respond to your enquiries.
How do we collect your personal information?
We will collect your personal information directly from you whenever you interact with us.
We may collect information from third parties such as lists we may purchase from other sites or analytics we may receive through third party services.
How do we store and hold personal information?
We store most information about you in computer systems and databases operated by either us or our external service providers.
We implement and maintain processes and security measures to protect personal information which we hold from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
These processes and systems include, but are not limited to:
- (a) the use of identity and access management technologies to control access to systems on which information is processed and stored; and
- (b) requiring all employees to comply with internal information security policies and keep information secure.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for the purposes for which it was collected or for any secondary purpose permitted under the APPs.
Who do we disclose your personal information to, and why?
We may transfer or disclose your personal information to our related companies.
We may disclose personal information to external service providers so that they may perform services for us or on our behalf.
We may also disclose your personal information to others outside our group of companies where:
- (a) we are required or authorised by law to do so;
- (b) you may have expressly consented to the disclosure or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- (c) we are otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the Privacy Act.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our business changes, we may transfer your personal information to the new owner.
Do we disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
We may disclose your personal information to recipients, including our subsidiaries, who are likely to be located in Australia, Switzerland, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Do we use your personal information for marketing?
We will use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. These products and services may be offered by us, our related companies, our other business partners or our service providers.
Where you receive electronic marketing communications from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided in the communication.
Access to and correction of your personal information
You may access or request correction of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. Our contact details are set out below. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information.
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material).
We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you remains accurate, up to date and complete.
Your rights under the EU GDPR
If you have rights under the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as a data subject you have the right to:
- (a) access your data;
- (b) have your data deleted or corrected where it is inaccurate;
- (c) object to your data being processed and to restrict processing;
- (d) withdraw consent to having your data processed;
- (e) have your data provided in a standard format so that it can be transferred elsewhere; and
- (f) not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
We have processes in place to deal with your requests for this information (“Data Subject Rights”). Our actions and responsibilities will depend on whether we are the controller or processer of the personal data at issue. Depending on our role as either a controller or processor, the process for enabling Data Subject Rights may differ, and are always subject to applicable law. Please refer to the Contact Details section of this policy if you have a specific need for assistance with a request regarding your Data Subject Rights.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your personal information, you should contact us. Our contact details are set out below.
We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.
If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, you may approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.
If you have any questions, comments, requests or concerns, please contact us at:
Anteris Technologies Ltd.
Toowong Tower, Level 3
9 Sherwood Road, Toowong, Queensland 4066
Changes to this policy
From time to time, we may change our policy on how we handle personal information or the types of personal information which we hold. Any changes to our policy will be published on our website.
You may obtain a copy of our current policy from our website or by contacting us at the contact details above.